Zone Control Panel (Zone Switching Relay)
A Five-Zone Control that can operate either Zone Pumps or Zone Valves. Supply houses can stock only one zone switching relay control. As the same ZCP zone control can be configured to operate either zone pumps or zone valves with end switches.
Domestic Hot Water Zone. The first zone can be configured either as a heating zone or a Domestic Hot Water (DHW) zone. The domestic hot water zone can then be configured to either have priority or to run without priority. When Priority is selected, an adjustable Priority Time Delay is provided for better control.
Secondary Hard to Heat Priority Zone. Even with Domestic Hot Water Priority set, this zone switching relay can have a zone configured to be excluded from the priority. This is be helpful for hard to heat zones. The ZCP will provide heat to those zones even during DHW priority calls.
Digital Display of All Zones Status. The ZCP is equipped with a two line digital display. It displays all menu items in simple English. In addition, all zone status will be displayed.
Expandable to 10 Zones. Although, a single ZCP zone switching relay can control five zones, two zone switching relays can be daisy chained to offer a total of up to ten zones. One will act as the master while the other will be the Slave/Extension. Just purchase the extension cable.
Interface with the Outdoor Reset Controls. The ZCP can be wired to control the boiler and the system pump. Additionally, it can be wired to any outdoor reset control as the HWE-SS, HWE-MOV, or VSP to take advantage of its Outdoor Reset and Doemstic Hot Water Set Point capabilities.
Boiler Warm Up Period. To help reduce the effect of circulating cold water to the zones when the boiler has not run for an hour, a call for any of the zones will energize the Boiler and System Pump relays. However, all zone outputs will be energized after the boiler warm up period.
Pump Delay. An adjustable Run-On delay is provided to help dissipate the excess heat from the system in to the zones.
- The ZCP has five built-in zone outputs in addition to boiler and system pump outputs.
- Ease of zone output wiring. Connect you zone outputs power source to one location on the ZCP. The ZCP will then power the zone pumps or zone valves.
- Compare the ZCP to other market expandable switching relays.
- Ease of thermostat input wiring. If your thermostat requires 24vac powering, just connect the transformer to the ZCP 24VAc input. The ZCP will then provide power to the thermostat inputs.
- Add additional zones using another ZCP. Up to two ZCPs can be daisy chained for a total of 10 zone control.
- Remote Enable/Disable (On/Off). Configure the On/Off input terminals to act as a thermostat call or connect it to a an outdoor reset control like the HWE-SS.
Note: The ZCP Extension Cable must be ordered separately.
Download the ZCP in Google Sketchup 3D format by clicking here.