Internet (Communications) With Heat-Timer® Building Net
Building Net – Internet, Mobile and Wireless Performance for Heat-Timer® Platinum Series Controls
Taking Energy Savings, to the Next Level
With Building Net, a whole new world of easy wireless connectivity opens up that allows your heating control to process more data, more intelligently, saving you more money on energy. Based on data measured in the field, even existing Heat-Timer® Customers can save an additional 15% to 25% on energy by adding a Building Net upgrade
The Building Net upgrade is available on all Platinum Series Heating Controls. By enabling wireless operation you not only save more money on energy, but create an entire remote management system for your boilers. All live sensor data points, historical data, alarms, reports and parameter control is available to building managers on their computer, or mobile device of choice. Our system makes managing your entire portfolio of buildings easy, like a building management system for your heating operations. Just go through our app, or building management website to see your entire portfolio of properties.
In addition to saving an additional 15% to 25% of your monthly energy costs, tenant comfort is improved, and maintenance and monitoring of temperatures in the building no longer requires a site visit. Even boiler maintenance and repairs are reduced by a sophisticated remote alarm system that keeps you informed before breakdown’s occur.
Please watch the video below to get a complete overview of Building Net capabilities:
Save Even More Money, with Building Net Enabled Heat-Timer® Platinum Controls
By enabling both internet and cellular connectivity with Building Net, our heating controls are upgraded with major new features which improve boiler management efficiency, reduce maintenance and monitoring expense, or both of these at the same time!
- Remote Internet Monitoring. Through our online Portal you can connect to your customized building management website and monitor and manage all your buildings and controls from a central location.
- Wireless Sensors are Enabled. With Building Net you also enable the control to talk wirelessly to room sensors, and other sensors placed strategically throughout your building. The ease of installation combined with the additional data points provided, allow our algorithm’s to run more intelligently and have been shown to save 15% to 25% more energy than a control or boiler just using outdoor reset.
- Advanced Alarm Notifications – With Building Net, any alarms or threshold warnings you set are available via email, text message, mobile app, or internet browser, on any internet connected computer or cellular device. Programmable security levels mean the right people get the right alerts and only the ones they’re interested in.
- Mobile Connectivity through our App – Using our app, your cellphone or tablet is a control center for your entire portfolio of buildings
What Can I do with my Building Net enabled Platinum Control?
Since the operating and recording software is contained within the heating control itself, you will have access to all sensor data and historical information on heating performance, available remotely from the convenience of your home or office.
- Change any setting that could be changed at the control location, and the remote settings override any subsequent changes made at the control location.
- Have automated reports emailed to you and your team daily, weekly or monthly.
- Monitor your building room sensors for hot/cold spots in the building that may be wasting energy or making tenants uncomfortable.
- Review alarm notifications from your living room. No more midnight runs to the boiler room. Furthermore, the range and type of alarms are extensive and include things like flood detection, stack monitoring, feed meter, oil tank sensors, etc…
- Review your entire portfolio of buildings from a single digital access point, either browser portal or mobile app.
Another major advantage to the Platinum Heat-Timer® Internet control is its ability to function independently. This means that even when the Internet is down, the control will function based on its settings. Settings can be changed locally when proper security rights are granted.
Note that Heat-Timer® offers cellular Internet service to its Platinum control customers as part of its overall Building Net solution
Features of our Wireless Alarm Functionality
Building Net upgrades allow our alarm system to become truly wireless. Instead of squinting at the control panel led’s every few weeks, alarms can be texted or emailed right to you, potentially alerting building managers to possible problems before they become expensive and difficult to manage. Alarms are fully programmable and can be easily disabled.
- 3-Step Sensor Set Up – Alarm and sensor setup is intuitive and quick.
- Easily create email and text message alerts for any alarm notifications.
- Multi-Tier Alarm Options – Features for organizational escalation allow supervisors and managers alarm based oversight of service responsiveness.
- Daily Executive Summary Alarm Report covering your entire building portfolio!
- Alarms can be temporarily suspended without the need to delete/reconfigure.
- Appropriate alarm thresholds can be user set to allow early notification of potential issues.
For more information on how our modern, wireless controls can integrate easily into your new or existing building, contact Heat-Timer® today.
- All the software is contained in the control so that the control can be accessed from anywhere as long as there is a computer with Internet Access.
- User-friendly interface is easy to use; no programming experience or memorization is necessary.
- Any control setting or function, which is changed remotely is then overridden; no one can manually change the settings without proper permission.
- Detailed histories of the control setting, behavior, and sensors are recorded for graphical view.
- Platinum Series controls can be equipped with space sensors. The space sensors help to fine-tune the heating system operation and save energy.
- Multiple control alarms can be configured to send emails or text messages.
Note : Any Platinum Series panel can be field upgraded to Internet Communications.
|INTERNET COMMUNICATION PACKAGES||Catalog #|
|Multi-Mod 0-135 ohm||with Internet Communication package||926650-135-RINet|
|Multi-Mod Current/Voltage||with Internet Communication package||926650-C/V-RINet|
|MPC Platinum||with Internet Communication package||926785-RINet|
|MPCQ Platinum||with Internet Communication package||926790-RINet|
|HWR Platinum||with Internet Communication package||926795-RINet|
|HWRQ Platinum||with Internet Communication package||926800-RINet|
|SRC Platinum||with Internet Communication package||926810-RINet|
|Cellular Internet Modem Kit||Modem with Antenna and Installation Hardware||950212-VN|
|INTERNET COMMUNICATION UPGRADE PACKAGES||Catalog #|
|Multi-Mod||Internet Communication Upgrade Kit||900340-20-RINet|
|MPC Platinum||Internet Communication Upgrade Kit||900340-00-RINet|
|MPCQ Platinum||Internet Communication Upgrade Kit||900340-10-RINet|
|HWR Platinum||Internet Communication Upgrade Kit||900340-50-RINet|
|HWRQ Platinum||Internet Communication Upgrade Kit||900340-60-RINet|
|SRC Platinum||Internet Communication Upgrade Kit||900340-30-RINet|
|Cellular Internet Modem Kit with Modem Box||Modem with Antenna and Installation Hardware and Modem Box||950210-VN|
If you need help setting or accessing the control remotely, contact Heat-Timer by calling Internet Technical Support (973) 575-4004. You may be asked to download one of the following files through the following links (Windows Remote Access) (MAC Remote Access) to help solve some computer specific issues. It will allow our Internet Technical Support to access your computer and help your comuter ICMS web site access.